Blooming Rose

Blooming Rose

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Lazy Sunday Morning...

Last Sunday morning I decided to have a very lazy day. I was up early so I decided to
go for a nice walk. Spring is definitely here and the trees are beginning to form their
canopy over the street.



Believe me, once the heat of summer arrives we will really appreciate the shade these
beautiful old trees will give us. Some of the trees are even beginning to show their
pink flowers.



Flash also decided to spend some time out in the spring air. He is a very senior citizen
in his mid-twenties now.



Once back inside, I decided I had just enough energy to make some triple chocolate
fudge muffins. I thought I would drop a couple off at a friend’s house. He is home with
spring allergies and maybe the muffins will help him feel better.



When it was time to take the muffins out of the oven, I reached into the drawer for a
potholder and came up with these two little potholders I had made for my mom when
I was a little girl.



I imagine most of you made the same kind of potholders when you were children
Remember the little looms? My best childhood friend and I made several of these.
I’m glad my mom saved a couple for me to appreciate as an adult.

I hope you also enjoyed a lazy Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that photo of the street, great shadowing. And Flash is so cute.