Blooming Rose

Blooming Rose

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Do you like quilts?

I used to collect quilts but they have been stored in boxes for a long, long time. I was
overjoyed when I recently came across them. As I was unfolding my collection I was
thinking that I would blog about the quilts...some very old and some not so old.
However, I think what I will do is just include my quilts from time to time in different
pictures. That way you will see them in use. I love them and adore using them in all
kinds of ways.

Today is very sunny and warm and a friend is coming over. I decided to spread a quilt
on the lawn. We can relax and enjoy some refreshing sparkling lemon water and catch
up on all our news and hopefully stay cool.


I’ve been trying to find a little shade but there's not much...


Do you like this quilt?  I found it in upstate New York many years ago. It dates around
the 1940’s. I think it’s perfect to use around Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Christmas,
don’t you?


Now that I have so many lemons, I think maybe I’ll make a lemon pie!


I hope you are staying cool.

The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Darling, darling, darling. It is
always a grand pleasure to see you.
Your blog is utterly amazing. I look forward to meeting your friend Stephanie in June. Friends make the best family.

Sending many kisses your way.
Jeremy

Stephanie said...

Such beautiful photos...they made me feel so cool and refreshed. So simple, so elegant. Yes, more quilts, please!

Glynn said...

Well Blooming Rose, this was a lot of
fun. I really enjoyed my time on your blog. I wish I could enjoy a glass of your sparkling lemon water right now. I look forward to more quilts and wooden bowls and adventures. Did you make a lemon pie?
Thank you.
Glynn

Ellen said...

Oh how I miss those lemons.....I can't tell you how many of those wonderful lemons I shared with friends over the years. That tree was good to me. Enjoy them!!! And have a glass of lemonade for me please!