Blooming Rose

Blooming Rose

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Spring Fever Continues!



Well, the weather has certainly cooperated with my Spring Fever!  We have had
beautiful sunny warm days in Southern California with temperatures around 80!
Believe me, this is not the normal weather for this time of year, we are usually in the
50's and 60’s.  However, I have been totally enjoying this burst of early spring to
feed my spring fever.

Recently I visited a wonderful antique store named A Beautiful Mess and had a lovely
conversation with the owner, Kymberely Fraser of 3 Fine Grains.  If you are in
the Southern California area I know you will enjoy a visit to A Beautiful Mess in Agoura. 
I only wish I had had my camera with me. Next time, for sure!  It is a very lovely store.

Because it was such gorgeous weather I also spent some time outdoors in Malibu. I
guess everyone else decided to do the exact same thing.  It was so nice to see so many
people out playing in the sand and surf.

The famous Malibu Pier...


Even though the surf was mellow the surfers lined up waiting for the next wave...

The Lifeguard patroled the beach...



The red sand of the Malibu cliffs was showing a little green...

Children were frolicking in the sand and sea...


Bright colorful umbrellas were making an appearance...



But just turn your head in the other direction and you are reminded that it is still January
and this spring fever will soon disappear for another few weeks...



Later, I went to visit a friend and passed by a park where many people were also
enjoying the beautiful weather...

Playing soccer...


A baseball game...



Yes, all signs of spring!

I also saw four Monarch butterflies but didn’t have my camera ready...definitely a sign of
spring!  And,  I think the birds are beginning to get their summer cottages ready...



Yes, I definitely have spring fever.  However, I know this will be short-lived because
temperatures will fall back to normal in a few days.  They say that next month is going to
be very rainy for us.  Oh well, spring will follow and we will all be enjoying the gorgeous
weather again.





I hope you have a wonderful week.

PS... Please know that even if you haven't heard from me I am reading your blogs. 
I have been working long hours on a project and also, my kitty (who is 27 years
old!) has been very ill for the last week so I have not had the time to leave comments.
But please know that I have been reading and enjoying your blogs.  You will start
hearing from me again soon.  Thanks so much for understanding.

17 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Beautiful beach pictures and that bird of paradise is lovely. Hope your kitty is feeling better!

Pondside said...

What beautiful images - I can't wait to be in San Diego!
I'm sorry to read about your kitty - so sad when our dear old friends begin to show their (great) age.
The links you posted are so very interesting. Now I wish we were going to be in that area because I'd definitely be visiting!.....next time.

Donna said...

I do hope your kitty is doing much better! I have never heard of a 27 year old cat before, amazing! such gorgeous photos, warm weather seems so far removed from us here in the Midwest! I love bird of paradise, and those in your photos are just beautiful! Take care:)

Acquired Objects said...

You're killing me here, it's zero degrees and I'm freezing. I'm so jealous of you at this moment. I hope your kitty is feeling better soon.Take care of him/her.

NanaDiana said...

It's freezing here...AND we have a snowstorm on...with about 5" so far....Did you say SPRING? SPRING? I forgot what that word means! Loved your pictures...Hugs- Diana

Tricia said...

Your weather sounds absolutely wonderful...I so envy you. I hope your kitty is feeling better ♥

Leo said...

Gorgeous photos. Hope Flash is hanging in there.

Leo said...

Beautiful photos. Hope Flash is hanging in there.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Wow, am I jealous! It is only 30 here today. But thank you for sharing your gorgeous photos - they brightened up a cold NY morning. Hope your little kitty cat is feeling better.

Privet and Holly said...

Thank you for that
dose of sunshine...
I could feel it
on my face and
shoulders and it
was wonderful!!
xx Suzanne
PS: Holding you
and your kitty close
to my heart. I didn't
even know a cat could
enjoy such a long life.
You have been with your
kitty as long as I have
known my hubby ~ wow.

Privet and Holly said...

PS: Those beach
shots make my heart
go pitter patter....
I love, love the beach!
xx S.

Anonymous said...

I have been hearing birds too, and the mimosa is nearly out - I almost don't dare tell friends in colder places!

I hope your cat is feeling better, winter is hard on them~

Kathysue said...

We have been having crisp and clear days, a bit colder, in the 60s but they feel very springy, I am seeing birds and hummers and I even saw a bumble bee the other day. Love when it is like this. Your images are making me want to take a drive to the ocean!!!
Sorry about your Kitty, it is so hard when our fur-babies are sick.
Don't work too hard, xo Kathysue

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Your pictures of warm scenes are cheering me up so much! It is below zero here, and more snow and ice is expected tomorrow! You are very blessed to have a furry friend as part of your life for such a long time! Hold him close! Linda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I hope your kitty is OK! 27 years old is a record old age for a cat.

You are lucky to be in the one place that is warm thsi winter! We keep having snow, after snow. after snow.

Mona thompson said...

I've had Spring Fever all day and you have just made it worse! I'm afraid we may be in for a rude awakening. Winter is just not over! Have a great weekend. Mona

French-Kissed said...

I do hope your Kitty is feeling better and that your project is going well. We really have been spoiled with this weather...maybe a little rain tomorrow.

~jermaine